General Healthy Eating Resources
These are my top resource recommendations for the general population looking for ideas towards better health! These include:
- Healthy Snack Bible – Amanda Clark
- Portion Perfection – Amanda Clark (use this in combination with your portion plate!
- 4-Week Weight Loss Menu Plan – Amanda Clark (follow the red/pink meal plan depending on gender)
- This=That: A life-size photo guide to food serves – Trudy Williams (the adult version (green cover))
- Allan Borushek’s Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter – Allan Borushek (Purchase from good newsagents. This is a handy book to keep with you at all times. It has all foods in our food supply and lets you know how much energy (kJ or calories), protein, carbohydrates – good for diabetics) and fat in each food. It also describes the right portion size. A must have.